Kia case study introduction
Kia Germany, a prominent automobile manufacturer, is known for its innovative vehicle designs, electrification and commitment to customer satisfaction. With a strong online presence, Kia Germany recognizes the importance of optimizing their website’s performance to maximize conversions and provide an exceptional user experience. One critical aspect of their online strategy involves improving the efficiency and effectiveness of web forms. In working with Exatom, Kia Germany successfully addressed the challenge of enhancing their test-drive webforms, leading to significant improvements in their conversion rates.
Exatom, a Zeta Global partner
Kia Germany has incorporated Zeta Global marketing technology into their operations to bolster their marketing efforts. This powerful platform provides advanced tools and capabilities that enable Kia Germany to target and engage with its audience more effectively. To further enhance its marketing strategies, Kia Germany complements Zeta Global with Exatom form analytics, which provides valuable insights and data-driven optimizations for its webforms, ensuring a seamless and optimized user experience.
Kia Germany faced the ambition of increasing their web form conversion rates and reducing visitor friction. While the brand website received a steady flow of web traffic, a significant portion of users abandoned their forms without completing the desired actions (this a common problem on every website, by the way). Form abandonment, also known as webform leakage, is a consequence of user experience (UX) friction. Less friction will not only improve the customer journey but will also improve the ROI of marketing investments in bringing traffic to the site as well. This is the reason why web form performance is one of the priorities of Kia Germany. It became evident that understanding user behaviour and optimising web form design were crucial to address this issue.
To tackle the challenge, Kia Germany sought the expertise of Exatom, a leading form insights and optimisation solution provider. Exatom’s comprehensive analytics platform allowed Kia Germany to gather valuable insights into visitor behaviour, identify pain points within their webforms, and devise data-driven strategies for improvement.
With a single tag, Exatom implemented a range of tools and techniques to gather relevant form & field metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) for Kia Germany’s web forms. These included:
- User Interaction Analysis: Exatom analysed user interactions within the webforms (form start, failed submits, successful resubmits, nr. of errors, etc. per device and per browser). This data helped identify specific areas where visitors encountered difficulties or experienced hesitation.
- Form Field Metrics: Exatom provided detailed metrics on individual form fields, such as time spent on each field, autofill use, hesitation time, and error rates. These insights helped identify potential bottlenecks and usability issues.
- Form session recording: Exatom’s form session recordings allowed Kia Germany to visualise the user journey from landing on the web form to completing it. As the sessions were linked to the form analytics, it provided a clear understanding of the steps where visitors perceived friction and dropped off, enabling targeted improvements.
This led to a detailed list of recommendations related to technical, design and content changes, which Kia applied to this test-drive form. Exatom is proud to share the effects in this Kia case study.
Through the partnership with Exatom, Kia Germany achieved remarkable improvements in their web form performance, resulting in a 55% increase in their conversion rate. This increase can be attributed to four improvements:
- A higher start-rate
- A higher submit-rate (less abandoners after start)
- A better autofill-rate (more fields are populated automatically by the browser)
- A higher successful resubmit-rate (more users that had an error upon first submit, were able to correct it and still convert successfully)
The key outcomes achieved by Kia Germany killed two birds with one stone: users found it easier to navigate and complete the forms, resulting in a smoother and more enjoyable experience. At the same time, Kia Germany witnessed a substantial 50% increase in their web form conversion rate. This improvement translated into a higher number of quality leads and a positive impact on business growth.
Webform optimisation is a continual process aimed at improving user experience and maximising form completion rates. Kia Germany understands the importance of this ongoing task and remains committed to enhancing their webforms. In addition to optimising existing forms, they are actively exploring innovative strategies to further encourage users to complete the forms.
One such approach involves experimenting with smart tooltips, which provide contextual guidance and gentle nudges to users, facilitating a smoother and more intuitive form-filling experience. By embracing these continuous improvements and exploring new techniques, Kia Germany strives to create a user-friendly environment that fosters higher form completion rates and ultimately enhances overall customer satisfaction.
Download the full Kia case study below. Or schedule a call with us to see how Exatom can make your forms perform better.
The teams from Zeta/ Exatom are always providing constant recommendations and new ideas. Their professional behaviour combined to their knowledge make them the perfect partners for a modern CRM environment.”